When you decide to rent out your home or another piece of property that you own, you want to be sure you find the right tenants for it. As a property management company, we make it our job to help you find the best tenants for your home. We ensure tenants undergo screenings so you won’t be put in the tough place of having bad tenants. This is a little bit of what our screenings look like.
What Do We Look For in Tenants?
Tenants must apply before they can be considered for a home. The application process will ask them about numerous things, including:
- Personal Information: Name, current address, contact information, height, weight, appearance, and so on.
- Important Information and Numbers: Birth date, driver’s license number, citizenship status, social security number.
- Emergency Contact Information: This information is important should an emergency happen and they are unable to contact anyone for themselves.
- Employment Information: Tenants must have been with their current employer for at least six months and make at least three times the rent each month.
- Rental History: Where they are currently renting, how much rent they pay per month, and how long they’ve been renting at that location. In addition, we ask for their landlord’s contact information. We only accept people who have a good rental history. This will ensure issues are minimized in the future.
- Proof of Income: This will need to be official proof from their current employer that they make at least three times the rent every month.
- Copies of Their License/IDs
- Credit Scores: They must have a credit score of at least 620.
- Bankruptcy and Foreclosure: We look to see if potential tenants have a history of bankruptcy and foreclosure, which would disqualify them from renting the house.
- Criminal History: We perform background checks to ensure your tenants don’t have a criminal history.
When we look for tenants for your rental property, we ensure we see the big picture. While the application process may look a bit grueling, they can easily apply online and send us other information through email. This way, we ensure we get all the information we need without deterring applicants because of an application process that is too rigorous.
Why Are Tenant Screenings Important?
Tenant screenings are important because they weed out potentially bad tenants, and while that may not seem like a big deal, having bad tenants can put you in a world of hurt. From unpaid rent to property damage and other complaints, bad tenants can make renting out your home rather difficult. Having good tenants is essential to managing a property, but not everyone has the time it takes to review applications, perform background checks, and thoroughly ensure they are getting the best tenants. That’s where we come in. Our tenant screening process is thorough because it’s important. We work quickly and efficiently so you’ll never have to worry.
The Benefits of Professional Screenings
We’ve often heard people looking to rent out their homes say they’ll perform the tenant screenings on their own, but there are many benefits to us doing them for you. We make sure that every step is taken to ensure you get good tenants. From criminal background and credit score checks to phone calls and interviews, we take the necessary steps to ensure you are satisfied with the tenants living in your rental home and that you reap the benefits.
How Fast Do We Move Someone In?
We aim to move someone in within 30 days. We understand that oftentimes, when you need to rent out your house or have rental property you’d like filled, you need it done as soon as possible. When reviewing applicants, we’ll take your move-out date, when you need someone to move in, and when the applicant is available to move in all into consideration. We move people in quickly so you don’t have to worry. Plus, when we list houses for rent on our website, we indicate when the house will become available to rent. This will ensure only qualified candidates apply.
Tenant Management Services from Reliant Property Management
Our services go far beyond tenant screenings. We’re here to help you every step of the way, from placing your home on the market and tenant screenings to providing maintenance services to the tenants once they move in. We have a wide network of roofers, plumbers, HVAC technicians, and more who can help your tenants in their times of need. While your house may be great, you never know when an aspect of it might break down on you. We stay in contact with your tenants and make sure all of their issues are taken care of, even if you’re renting out your home because you’ve moved away. We’ll stay in town so you don’t have to.
Call Reliant Property Management Today!
If you’re looking to rent out your home or another piece of property, we can help. A big part of renting out your home is finding the right tenants, which is why we have devised this tenant screening strategy to ensure we find the best tenants for your rentals. And since we provide a variety of property management services, you can rent out your property and not have to worry about it, especially if you move away. Give us a call today to learn more about the services we offer!